Wednesday, July 27, 2005

CUHK campus

The Chinese University of Hong Kong, my new home, is a totally beautiful campus. It's near the town of Shatin in the New Territories, north of Kowloon and Hong Kong island. It's not super convenient to get downtown, but the views, space and cleaner air on campus make all worthwhile. But the main feature of the campus is the hill. The campus is basically a big hill, with three levels of buildings. I live and will teach on the top level. But the train station is on the bottom level, the English department and the main administrative buildings are on the central level. How do you get around campus? The bus, of course. Every 20 minutes. The campus reminds me in scope and feel of the Stanford campus. I've been so spoiled at Yale--no Koffee Too? right outside my door anymore!
The Central Plaza viewed from the upper level. Quite steep. I'm going to have quads of steel if I walk much on this campus:















One of my favorite buildings on campus, because it has a yellow tower and inside that yellow tower is an elevator. I heart elevators.



















The view from Friendship Lodge. Nice view, right? Next year I'll see this from my bedroom window. Life is good at CUHK.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home